Below is the Parent Leaflet for this project containing the Home Learning.
Below is the Bookmark for our project, 'Project Power'.
This bookmark will be available in class to support your child’s learning, to introduce new vocabulary and to improve the spelling of key words.
We will be using this vocabulary in class and we will expect the children to know and understand these words, use them and begin to read and spell them.
We have attached a copy for you to use at home.
You could: -
- Use some of the vocabulary when you complete the Home Learning
- Use it to talk about the learning in school
- Pick 3 words to talk about – what does it mean? Say it in a sentence.
- Play what is the word for… e.g. Tell me where your ankle is?
- Ask your child to find the word that says ‘leg’ on the bookmark.
- Play games such as ‘Heads and Shoulders, Knees and Toes’ or ‘Simon Says…touch your head.
- Practise reading the ‘high frequency words’. You can even practise spelling them together.