Learning Support Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
LSA (9:00pm – 12:00pm Mon to Fri plus 1:00-3.00pm Friday only (Friday lunchbreak 11:30am)) - 17 hours a week (salary scale B)
DSA (12:00pm – 1:00pm) - 5 hours a week
We are seeking to appoint a friendly, flexible and professional person ideally with previous experience for 22 hours a week, to support our team of supervisory assistants at lunchtime and to work with the Year two children joining our established, dedicated learning support team.
The post is initially for one year, with the possibility of an extension for the right candidate.
In the role of Learning Support Assistant you will be supporting children in class as well as individual groups of children. Our Learning Support Assistants work in close partnership with class teachers to enhance learning opportunities for all children and you will be required to provide accurate records and daily feedback.
Previous recent experience of supporting children and relevant training is an advantage although training and professional development opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
As well as taking on the role of Learning Support Assistant, you will also be supporting the children at lunchtime. The role of Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant is crucial to the effective running of our school and to providing a happy, healthy and safe environment during this important part of the day.
We require a responsible, enthusiastic and friendly person to help and take care of our pupils during their lunch break. Duties will include: supervision of school meals, encouraging play activities, ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils and to administer minor first aid. Uniform and training will be provided.
You will need to:
- Share our commitment to Every Child Matters and safeguarding of children
- Be resilient, patient, caring and flexible
- Use initiative and work independently
- Have high expectations of learning
- Have energy, enthusiasm and the ability to be flexible
- Good behaviour management skills
- Want to work as part of a team in a friendly, happy school with a child centered ethos
We can offer:
- Delightful children who enjoy learning
- A supportive and committed team
- Exciting opportunities for your professional development
If you are interested in becoming part of a friendly team, please download an application pack below and email to email@example.com