Our Home Learning for this project is to create a dragon mask or head dress. The children will wear their mask/head dress when they perform our dragon dance. It needs to be strong and secure so it stays in place when the children dance. Below are some ideas:-
Below is the Bookmark for our new project ‘Dragons!’
This bookmark will be available in class to support your child’s learning, to introduce new vocabulary and to improve the spelling of key words.
We will be using this vocabulary in class and we will expect the children to know these words, use them and begin to read and spell them.
You could use this bookmark at home in the following ways: -
- Use some of the vocabulary when you complete the Home Learning
- Use it to talk about the learning in school
- Pick 3 words to talk about – what does it mean? Say it in a sentence.
- Play what is the word for… e.g. What is the name for the dragon’s toes?
- Ask your child to find the word that says ‘wings’ on the bookmark.
- Ask your child to act out a word. Can you guess which one it is? Or, you could act out a word and your child can guess.
- Dance to some music at home. Describe the moves you and your child make.
- Make up a dance sequence. Practise and perform it to your family.