Below is our Home Learning for this Project.
This activity is for everyone to complete at home whether they attend school or not.
Our Home Learning is to research a famous Victorian and create a fact file about them.
Here are some suggestions of famous Victorians you can find out about.
You can use the fact file below or you could make a book, a poster or even a powerpoint!
Below is the Bookmark for our new project ‘Victorian Childhood’
This bookmark will be available in class to support your child’s learning, to introduce new vocabulary and to improve the spelling of key words.
We will be using this vocabulary in class and we will expect the children to know these words, use them and begin to read and spell them.
You could: -
- Use some of the vocabulary when you complete the Home Learning
- Use it to talk about the learning in school
- Pick 3 words to talk about – what does it mean? Say it in a sentence.
- Play what is the word for… e.g. Tell me a Victorian artefact?
- Ask your child to find the word that says ‘slate’ on the bookmark.
- Ask your child to act out a word. Can you guess which one it is? Or, you could act out a word and your child can guess.
- Look at some old family photos and talk about similarities and differences using the words on the bookmark.
- Practise reading the ‘high frequency words’. You can even practise spelling them together.
Finally these are the outcomes we would like the children to achieve rough this project.