Activities linked to Stories by Teachers
Here we will add activities linked to the stories that teachers put on the Video Resources.
Video Resources:: https://bishops-waltham-infant-school.primarysite.media
WANTED: The Perfect Pet
Polly Parrot Picks a Pirate
- Can you find some pairs of rhyming words in the story? Listen carefully!
- Draw and label a treasure map.
- Hide some ‘treasure’ in your house or garden. Write instructions or draw a map to find the treasure.
- Make up your own pirate name!
- Design a pirate costume.
- Make a pirate wanted poster. Have a look in Learning Links-Maths, Literacy and Phonics worksheets-Writing for a printable poster if you would like one.
- Can you think of a story title with your name in it, for example, ‘Daring Dan Dives in the Deep’? When we have lots of words together beginning with the same letter or sound, it is called alliteration!
How to Catch a Star
Mr Tiger Goes Wild
The Paper Dolls
The Way Home For Wolf
The Detective Dog
- Can you find the rhyming words in the book? What do the words mean?
- Write your own story about a crime that Detective Dog Nell has solved.
- Write a set of instructions to teach people how to look after a pet.
- Write a persuasive letter to your teacher to ask them if you can have a ‘reading dog’ in your school / classroom.
- Draw your own illustrations of a detective dog.
- Make a comic strip about a new adventure that the Detective Dog might have.
- Find out more about dogs and make a poster about them.