Chinese New Year
What is the Chinese New Year?
The Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival and it the most important celebration in the Chinese calander. It is celebrated when there is a new moon every spring.
Watch the video's below to find out more.
What animal year is celebrated this year?
2021 is Year of the OX.
Find out which animal is celebrated in your birth year. Have a look at the grid below.
Can you find out which animal is celebrated in your family members years of birth?
See if you can draw the animal of your year of birth!
Chinese Number Mark Making:
Fill a tray with red sand/glitter/rice etc
Have a look at the Chinese Mandarin numbers below and see if you can form the numbers correctly.
Chinese New Year Craft Activities:
Have a go at making some different crafts to celebrate The Chinese New Year.
Watch Mrs Cresswell's videos below showing you how to make a Chinese Lantern and a Dragon Puppet.
Click on the links below for craft ideas.
Making a Chinese Lantern with Mrs Cresswell
Making a Dragon Puppet with Mrs Cresswell
Chinese Rattle Drum
You will need:
2 paper plates
Red and yellow paint
2 pieces of string or ribbon
A wooden spoon
1. Get your wooden spoon and tape it to one of your plates. Stick three pieces across the spoon to make it really secure and two long pieces either side.
2. Tape your ribbon/string either side of the plate.
3. Take your second plate and place it on top. Tape them together all around the plate. Add some tape where the plate meets the spoon to make it extra strong.
4. Take two pieces of tin foil the same size and scrunch them around the end of each piece of string/ribbon until secure.
5. Decorate with red and yellow paint.
Can you have a try at completing some of these extra challenges: