Our Project Leaflet
Below is the Bookmark for our new project ‘Handa's Healthy Cafe’
This bookmark will be available in class to support your child’s learning, to introduce new vocabulary and to improve the spelling of key words.
We will be using this vocabulary in class and we will expect the children to know and understand these words, use them and begin to read and spell them.
You could: -
- Use some of the vocabulary when you complete the Home Learning
- Use it to talk about the learning in school
- Pick 3 words to talk about – what does it mean? Say it in a sentence.
- Play what is the word for… e.g. Tell me what a bulb does?
- Ask your child to find words on the bookmark eg ‘flower’
- Ask your child to act out a word. Can you guess which one it is? Or, you could act out a word and your child can guess.
- On walks or in the garden spot and name different plants.
- Practise reading the ‘high frequency words’. You can even practise spelling them together.
Finally these are the outcomes we would like the children to achieve rough this project.